Wednesday, June 8, 2011

What We Like (or Don’t Like) Wednesdays—Targus Lap Chill Mat

Last January I got a new laptop (guess I need to review the laptop at some point). I wanted to be able to use my computer anywhere and not be stuck at a desk. I started sitting on the couch with my laptop on my lap, and I noticed that LOTS of heat was being generated under the laptop. Now, in January it was cold here (unseasonably COLD!), and the heat was kind of nice; however, I knew that summer was coming, and the heat would NOT be nice when temperatures were in the 90s or 100s. Also, that heat buildup is not healthy for your laptop either. So, I decided to start looking for a laptop pad. I always do research and read reviews before purchasing something so off to Amazon I went. (Amazon is great, by the way, for reading reviews!) There are so many laptop pads/mats to choose from. It is kind of overwhelming.

Targus Chill Mat (2)

Targus Lap Chill Mat

Beth and I had been to Target, and I had seen the Targus Lap Chill Mat there. I decided to start my search with this laptop mat. After much research, the Targus Lap Chill Mat is the one I ended up purchasing (at Amazon because it was cheaper there), and I LOVE it! I have a 16” laptop, and it fits perfectly. It connects to my laptop via a USB plug, and there are two little fans running inside the mat that keep air circulating under my laptop. A lot of people complained that the fans are noisy. Now I have GREAT hearing (ask my husband), and they don’t bother me. Some people have also commented about the flimsiness of the USB plug. I’m not sure what they are talking about because I haven’t had any problems with mine. I do keep mine plugged in all the time. When I power the computer down at night, the fans power down also. Other than that, they run the entire time the laptop is on which is usually all day from around 6:30 am until 10:00 pm.

Targus Chill Mat (1) 

I also like that the mat is slanted which makes using your laptop very comfortable. I even keep the mat under the laptop when I am sitting at my desk.

If you’re in the market for a laptop pad, this is an excellent choice. If your laptop is larger, it will probably hang over the edge of the mat, so check the dimensions and see if it will work for you. If you have any questions, I will do my best to answer them.

Have a great night!

Denise

No comments:

Post a Comment