Friday, June 3, 2011

Feature Fridays—For the love of junk

For this Feature Friday, we wanted to feature a great blog, For the love of junk.

SOME WOMEN DREAM OF BEAUTIFUL HOMES AND PERFECTION. SOME DREAM OF THE DIAMOND IN THE ROUGH, OUTCAST ITEMS, THE TATTERED, THE CRAZED, THE RUSTED AND SOMETIMES DISCARDED TREASURES. IM A MEMBER OF THE SECOND GROUP. I'M A JUNKER FOR LIFE! (by Marta)

For the love of junk

I can’t even remember what I was searching for when I happened upon this blog. The first thing that caught my eye, or rather my ear, was Marta’s playlist. Everything from “Need You Now” by Lady Antebellum to “Imagine” by John Lennon. Great songs! Then at the end of her blog I found this:

Our Deepest Fear

“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.”--by Marianne Williamson

What an inspiration it was to read this and what a great way to live!

Then I started looking through Marta’s blog. I was amazed by her eclectic tastes. There’s something for everyone, so fun to look at. She runs her own little shop and has pictures of it on her blog. Check out the post on Sunday, May 22 for pictures of her shop. For some reason, I cannot post pictures from her blog here, so you’ll have to go to her blog to see for yourself what a great collection of “junk” she has.

We hope you all enjoy Marta’s blog as much as we do!

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment