Monday, June 6, 2011

Made on Mondays--Super Easy (and Healthy!) Turkey Taco Salad

It's time again for Made on Mondays! I've got some craft projects in the works, but they aren't quite complete yet, so I thought I'd continue with the recipe theme for this week! :) We make taco salad all the time because it's super simple to make and healthy too! Hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do!


Turkey Taco Salad

Ingredients

1 lb. extra lean ground turkey breast
1 Packet Taco Bell taco seasoning mix
lettuce
shredded cheese (we use a 2% mexican blend)
salsa and/or fresh tomatoes
light sour cream
optional: frozen pepper stir fry mix
optional: Taco Bell Sauce Packets

Preparation

1. Brown the lean ground turkey in a pan. Once it's cooked through, I like to use a paper towel to get all the water and little bit of grease out of it. After you do this, add the Taco Bell Taco Seasoning Mix and water. I use about 3/4 of the packet and add water until I like the consistency. Let that simmer. I also like to add some frozen pepper stir fry mix to add a few more veggies in!

2. While the turkey is simmering, you can start on making the salad. Layer lettuce (I like to use romaine), fresh tomatoes, salsa, and shredded cheese on your plate.

3. The last step is to add your turkey on top. Then I like to add some sour cream and a couple Taco Bell Mild Sauce packets to mine! (I always snag extras when we eat there!) :)

And that's it! It only takes about 20 minutes to get everything ready! Even quicker if you have the lean ground turkey already thawed!

Happy Monday! Hope everyone has a great week! :)


Beth


Hey this is Denise. I wanted to add that I can't use Taco Bell taco seasoning mixes because they contain gluten; however, I can use Old El Paso taco seasoning mixes. So, if you are gluten free, go ahead and make this awesome recipe. Just use Old El Paso in place of the Taco Bell seasoning. Happy Eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment