Saturday, January 8, 2011

ratty daddy dinkdum-What Did You Say!?

When we tell someone the name of our business, they look at us like "What did you say?" Of course, we then have to explain. So here is our explanation to you. My dad and mom used to tell me a little nursery rhyme when I was a little girl. Of course, when Beth was born, the tradition continued. Here it is:

ratty daddy dinkdum
My son John
Went to bed
With his stockings on
One shoe off and
One shoe on
ratty daddy dinkdum
My son John

We googled (gotta love Google) this rhyme before deciding on a name and couldn't find anything that was the same as the way it was told to us. We found "Diddle, Diddle, Dumpling" and "Deedle, Deedle, Dumpling" but no "ratty daddy dinkdum." So, in honor of Max and Mary (my parents and Beth's grandparents), "ratty daddy dinkdum" was born. We miss them every day but know they are smiling down on us from above and cheering us on like they always did.

Love you Mom and Dad AND Grandma and Grandpa :)

No comments:

Post a Comment